Thursday, January 30, 2020

Entrepreneurship Story - Emoji Bracelets

One day at lunch, my uncle randomly told me he was going to start selling emoji bracelets. I was confused at first, but once he explained how holiday season is about to start and people are looking for great gift ideas. I was very interested and told him I would help him start selling these emoji bracelets. After we designed the product, I started selling it through ebay and amazon. It was an instant hit! We designed our own website for it and started selling them through the website as well. This lasted about a couple months of steady traffic until the fad eventually fell short and we stopped selling them. It was a very good experience and a great opportunity for me to learn more about starting my own business.

I enrolled in ENT3003 because I am very interested in becoming an entrepreneur one day. I look to my uncle as inspiration as he is a serial entrepreneur himself. He has inspired me to want to start my own company once I gain some more knowledge and experience. I hope to gain some skills that are pivotal in growing my career. I am interested in learning more about how to be an entrepreneur and what is necessary to be able to start your own business.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel!
    This seems like it was a really cool experience. I remember that emojis and emojis themed goods were in very popular demand. It was smart of your uncle and yourself to enter the market for only a short amount of time amongst the height of the trend. I also want to learn more about entrepreneurs and the skills that it takes to start and run your own business. I enjoyed learning about your entrepreneurial experience.
    Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel! This sounds like such an amazing way to dip your feet into the world of entrepreneurship and running a business. I'm sure you learned so much about yourself through the process that will help you in the future as you apply what you've learned to your next entrepreneurial endeavor, especially since this was such a fad product. In the future would you want to run a similar type of business, selling products through Amazon or eBay? I'd be interested to hear about the types of ideas you came up with after working on this business with your uncle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel, your story illustrates really well how you don't need to be the next Elon Musk or Bill Gates to be a successful entrepreneur. As I believe Dr. Pryor has mentioned in class, most entrepreneurs are successful in business which open up in existing markets (like jewelry). Your story also illustrates one of the big advantages new burgeoning entrepreneurs have- flexibility. A larger manufacturer might not capitalize on the opportunity your uncle saw because they have so many costs associated with bringing a new product to market. I find it really awesome that you have family who are entrepreneurs, judging from other peoples posts, not everyone has that! That could be super helpful in the future.

    ReplyDelete