Friday, April 17, 2020

26a Celebrating Failure

1) A time this past semester I have failed was trying to get back into working out. Throughout high school I was able to dedicate an hour a day to workout and maintain my health. My first semester of college was extremely hectic and I couldn't fit the time into my day to workout. This felt like a major failure to me as I was helplessly trying to get back into that rhythm. I tried over and over again to get back into it but every time it would last a couple days until I got way too busy and forgot again.

 2) Something that I learned from this was to never give up. This has taught me to be determined when I am doing something important such as preserving my health. I learned that one of my best motivators was being able to get a friend to go with me and help me stay motivated. I learned that using my friends as motivators are more helpful than myself.  

3) To me, failure is not a problem. Failure is a problem if you do not learn from it. When I fail at something I always try to learn a valuable lesson and be better the next day. This has helped me in this class because I failed a lot while trying to work on my idea. Instead of giving up I would try again and make it even better.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel,
    I have been in your same position many times. It's hard to make that decision, but sometimes you just have to prioritize other things like school or work. The best thing you can do is just take it one day at a time and start fresh the next day. I have found that for me, the key to staying motivated is to not dwell too much on the past and just keep pushing to be better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel. I think you have a really good attitude about failure. It is sometimes hard to fit everything into our days, but I think it's great that you have learned a way to help make your health a priority and stay motivated. It's great that you see failures as opportunities to learn. That will help you to take more chances and not miss out on opportunities in the future.

    ReplyDelete