Friday, April 10, 2020

23 A venture unfair advantage

23A Venture unfair advantage


1. One example of human capital is my Brother Ethan. He is available to help me by producing any products that may be neccessry. This resource is very valuable because I am the only one who has access to the unique capacity of my brother. There is no one else that is able to use his strong academic and social abilities to their advantage.
2. An example of social capital is my fraternity. I am able to spread a lot of messages to a big amount of people through that. This resource is rare because not a lot of business owners have access to this kind of resource. My fraternity has over 150 brothers who are all able to spread messages through word of mouth.
3. An example of financial capital is the $23.92 I have in my bank account I can use towards this venture. This resource is not valuable or rare at all. Money is something that is very easily accessed to most entrepreneur. The part of the resource that is rare is my ability to spend the money in the best way possible. I have lived off of $100 a month for a year now and can continue having great money saving tacticts
4. An example of a capability is to be able to reach a large population of UF campus through my involvement. This resource is pretty rare because of the amount of reach I am able to get through my school involvement. Not many people are involved with as many clubs as I am so I can use this to my advantage of getting more market share.
5. Another example of human capital is my friend Sam. He said he is willing to be my second hand man and help me out with anything that I need. This resource is not rare.
6. An example of social capital is my involvement in the Jewish student union, this will allow me to get more people to ride the scooters
7. An example of financial capital is the gator hatchery. They will be able to provide financial loans for me to be able to purchase necessary things. This resource is not rare.
8. An example of human capital is having access to a fraternity full of available to work people.
9. An example of capability is being able to provide scooters to over 50,000 students.
10. An example of social capital is my mom being able to post on facebook and market towards potential customers.

If I had to choose, my top resource would be my brother ethan. This is because of his unique amount of skills he brings to the table. He has done 4 internships already by his senior year of college and has a lot of experience in business. This resource can help me a lot if I am able to use it correctly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel,
    From reading through your list, I can see that you have a lot of great connections at UF that can definitely give you an advantage in terms of this business venture. Having the support of your fraternity, gator hatchery, other clubs, and your family and friends will certainly prove to be helpful in bringing this idea to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel! Its awesome that you have such a close network already that you can rely on to help you get started. The fact that your best resource is your brother really helps considering family is the best form of social capital. Being in a fraternity and other social connections you've made on campus will also let you make an impact in the local community. Overall, good job on identifying your best assets and how they might be of use for your business.

    ReplyDelete