Friday, March 27, 2020

19A idea napkin 2

1) You. I am a rising Junior at the University of Florida pursuing a degree in marketing. I am a very driven and self motivated type of person. Everything that I denote my time to doing, I do with full effort and energy. My biggest skill set are my interpersonal skills. I am very well trained in de-escalating a situation as well as making sure every party is happy. I have developed superior communication skills and leadership skills through my on-campus involvement in student government.

2) What are you offering to customers? I am offering a simple solution to a problem many students at school face. This allows Customers are then able to take these scooters anywhere they want and park at a nearby dock. This allows for customers not to have to worry about finding a ride or parking. The rides are also a lot cheaper than ride sharing services such as uber and lyft and can save customers a lot of money.

3) Who are you offering it to? My biggest demographic is students at the University of Florida. They are the ones who will be taking out the scooters the most. Many students have very busy lives and constantly need some sort of transportation to accommodate for things being pretty far apart. They are able to rent a scooter instead of the alternatives. This is because the scooters would allow students to get a ride to campus without worrying about high costs or parking. Students have to go to class almost every day and require some sort of way to get from their primary residence to campus. These scooters would allow them to get to where they want to go easily.

4) Why do they care? There is currently a big parking problem on campus. There is a lot more registered cars than parking spots which causes a lot of students to have to walk far or get parking tickets. Scooters are already implemented in Orlando near UCF campus and has been working to fix their parking issues. I think by applying it in Gainesville, the same will happen.

5) What are your core competencies? The biggest difference between my company and the big scooter companies (bird, lime) is they are based on a dock-less model where the scooters do not need docks but rather are picked up and charged. My company has dock-based model which requires the scooters to be placed on a dock after their ride which charges the scooters and allows for a safe place to keep them while they are not being ridden.  I think all of these key elements work together to create the best solution. There is a eminent transportation problem here in Gainesville, and this service will fix it. I feel as if customers are really interested in this idea and are willing to use them if they are available. Customers are also a lower socio-economic status usually as being college students, and these scooters are very low cost. This allows for a great opportunity in the market.

The two key points that I have added to my idea napkin is the information I received more about the minds of the target audience. I learned how they think and what influences their purchase decisions. I can use these core competencies to leverage my business to increase my consumer demand. Although some do not think the same, I can group segments into categories based on their categories.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel!
    I think your idea would be very fun in Gainesville, but you would definitely need a way to prevent theft or make sure they get put back in place. I have been to cities and campuses that are almost cluttered from the scooter being left all over the place. Also in your description of what you changed, you seemed kind of vague. Next time you can cite the specific instances or improvements that you made. Overall, great post.
    ~Mady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel!
    I think it would be very useful to have this scooter rental and dock system implemented in college campuses across the country. Many times students have only 15 minutes or less to get from one class to another. This is made especially difficult on large campuses, where it can take a substantial time to get from one place to another. For students that don't have the luxury to have their own scooter or find a parking spot, your proposed idea could be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your idea is very beneficial to your market. You did a great job of describing your idea and how it stands out for other businesses in the market. Moreover, your traits will help you maximize your idea and get its most potential.

    ReplyDelete