Thursday, February 20, 2020

12A Buyer Behavior

Sketching out the Beginning of the Buyer Behavior Process

Overall, my interviews were very productive in finding out more information about potential buyers. I learned that students who walk to class would rather pay a very small fee for the scooter and be able to get to class much faster. The buyer has a need to get from place to place on campus. This need is complicated one because of the nature of transportation. Someone can choose to get to campus by car, moped, or walk. I learned that customers mostly use their moped or walk to class unless they live very far off campus. This means that my primary market is students living near the campus. This is becasue they would be the ones who would use the scooters the most.

I also learned besides getting to class, a lot of students have a need for transportation to bars and resturants. A lot of students indicated that they currently spend a lot of money on Ubers because of their lack of access to transportation. Electronic Scooters would be a much cheaper option than Uber in general. An issue I learned about while conducting these interviews is that the scooters would need to be easily available. This means that I must have enough scooters to meet the needs and the scooters must be in an area near to where the customer wants to use it. Customers would use the scooters at all parts of the day.

It is evident to me that the customer need of transportation can be met by these electronic scooters. Conducting these interviews further supported my claim by understanding more about their specific needs. The target segment needs to travel around a lot and do not have many means to travel. This electronic scooter option will be easily available to them and cheaper than the alternatives. The need of transportation can be met through this.

2 comments:

  1. I think your idea is a good one, but you would have to make sure to price the scooter rentals in a way that would make them less expensive than taking an Uber or other alternatives. Also, another idea would to be to provide extra charging stations for students who want to have a place to charge their own personal scooters for a fee. Preventing theft of your scooters would also be important. You could get with Madylin from our group on getting some awesome locks for securing your scooters (madymcc.blogspot.com)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel! I think this is a great idea, especially on a campus like UF where scooters are so popular. I love the versatility in that students wouldn't just be using this service for getting to campus, but also for getting around downtown and other areas where parking can be difficult. Uber gets a ton of business when students are trying to go out to bars or restaurants. It would be nice to have a cheaper option. I usually prefer to just walk to campus, but it's a long walk for me to downtown. I would explore this and how it could fit in to your business idea.

    ReplyDelete