Thursday, February 6, 2020

Testing the Hypothesis part 1

1) The opportunity I am selecting is bringing electronic scooters to gainesville

2) An opportunity I am interested is the need for a better way of transportation on the UF campus. This opportunity would be for student of UF and local Gainesville residents to be able to get around the city of Gainesville. Electronic scooters are a way of transportation that can clear up traffic and allow people to get to where they need to go faster.

3) Testing the who I need to figure out if UF students would ride scooters if they were available. I could also test local Gainesville residents to see if they are interested as well. Testing the what I would need to figure out how often people would use the scooters and how many people do not have other means of transportation. This would help to figure out if it would be worth it.Testing the why I would have to figure out why people would want to take a scooter over other forms of transportation.

4) I have successfully interviewed the first 5 students I passed by on my way to a class. I asked each student the same questions to try to figure out the questions posed on #3. I learned that students would be very interested in riding scooters. Students seem to  need a way to get to class that they can easily park. A lot of students mentioned parking to be the biggest problem with their current transportation situation. I also found out that most students do not have a car, and some of them have scooters. I figured that students mostly need a way to get around and can walk but would prefer a faster way. I learned that parking was an issue and a reason why students would choose to take a electronic scooter over a car or regular scooter.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel! I think this is a really cool idea. Of course, I've heard a lot about electric cars, but I'm surprised that I haven't considered electric scooter before. I love this idea because of how much better it could be for the environment, especially in a college town where students oftentimes choose to have a scooter as their main way of getting around town. I think the biggest thing that would convince people to buy your scooter over other scooters is if it is electric and the price is comparable to that of regular scooters. If college students are your target market, then price is going to be a big factor for them. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great idea especially in Florida with lack of hills and weather makes it possible to use them all year round and. Electric scooters are very common in tourist areas and parks. I personally have rented them while visiting San Diego and California overall as they are almost everywhere there. Uber/Lyft/Bird make it easy to rent one as you just need to open an app, scan scooter, and drive it. Biggest concern would be a security as they are easy to steel and damage, plus you need to maintain them properly as they often need to be charged.

    ReplyDelete