Thursday, February 6, 2020

Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends

One economic opportunity I have found is the rising price of food. This can be an opportunity to create food in a lab synthetically in order to combat the current weaknesses of how food is made. I found this information online on an informational site called the balance. I saw that extreme climate conditions are one of the main reasons why food prices are increasing and finding an alternative way to source food would help to solve that problem. I think this opportunity relates to every customer because of its nature of being something people can't live without. This huge demand causes it to be something easy to exploit given the right products.

I feel like I saw this opportunity because of my increased interest in food. I am a big supporter of food and try to experience as many different restaurants as I can. This makes me believe that food has a big impact in peoples lives as they have to eat to survive.

Another economic opportunity I have found is that the US economy is currently in an expansionary period. This means that it is a very good time to invest in the market and real estate as it will only continue to grow. I have found this opportunity through watching the news and talking with professors. There is a great opportunity to be able to increase your total wealth by investing in the business cycle and the predictability of a expansionary period. I think adults who have extra money to spend would be the target market of this opportunity. They would be the people most likely to invest because of them being able to afford it. This opportunity is relatively easy to exploit as people are always wanting to invest their money at the right times.

I saw this opportunity because of my uncle always preaching to me about having to invest in the stock market. He would always tell me whenever I saw him that its never too early. I think that it is very important to invest your money as it is a great way to increase your funds. This opportunity seems like it is personal from my experiences with it.

One example of a regulatory trend is the increasing laws made against owning firearms. Over time, there has been an increase on rules and regulations regarding using a gun. The source I have for this information is a New York times article on how hard it is to legally obtain a gun. I see there is an opportunity to try to sell guns as people might start to stockpile them thinking there might be a ban on them soon. I see this opportunity mostly for those who are in favor of guns and see their necessity. I think this opportunity might be a little bit harder to exploit as the market is already pretty saturated.

I saw this opportunity as I desire to one day purchase a weapon in order to protect myself. I think that this opportunity appeals to my desire as I am vested in it. I think that this helps to understand why it would be a great opportunity.

The last opportunity is another regulatory trend of prescription medication becoming more regulated with more reporting and oversight. I found this information in a blog by Deloitte describing the 2020 life sciences regulatory outlook. This seems like a good opportunity to try to get the prescription drugs at a cheaper cost or from different pharmacies. This opportunity relates to those who require prescription drugs. I feel like this opportunity is going to be difficult to exploit as it would be hard to get into the market.

I chose this opportunity because in high school, I used to work at a cvs part time. I was always very interested in our pharmacy section and it always appealed to me. I think there is a huge amount of people who require the pharmacy. This is a growing trend in America in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment